VHP fosters positive values and ethical living. VHP’s motto is Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam – the whole world is one family.
Vidya Vihaar, is the Education Wing of Vishva Hindu Parishad of Australia, Queensland Chapter that has been operational since 2010 and is run by dedicated parent volunteers and on a not-for-profit basis. The objective of Vidya Vihaar is educating culture, tradition, history and language amongst attending children with a view to developing Hindu leaders of tomorrow.
The activities are conducted at two levels:
- Bala Samskara Kendra (BSK) – offering weekly Sunday classes for children from 5-12 years of age from 2.30 PM to 5.00 PM.
- Yuva Samskara Kendra (YSK) – offering weekly Sunday classes for children from 13-17 years of age from 2.30 PM to 5.00 PM.
Both the above classes are conducted at:
- Brisbane – Sunnybank State High School (entry through Turton Street), Sunnybank QLD 4109
For more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gold Coast – Benowa State High School, Mediterranian Drive, Benowa QLD 4217
For more information email us at email@example.com
At BSK / YSK children are taught:
- To speak, read and write Samskritam, since Samskritam language is the ancient language that forms the foundation for our Vedas and Upanishads.
- The essential values that underpin Hindu Dharma, shlokas and value education from Hindu scriptures.
- Their own mother tongue (where available).
- How Hindu festivals are celebrated and explain the significance of the festivals.
- Traditional Indian games, yoga and exercise for everyday practice to make them strong and develop team work skills. BSK / YSK believes that a healthy mind and healthy body are important for all round development of a child.
- Develop soft skills and leadership qualities to become a Hindu Youth Leaders.
Facebook VHP page: https://www.facebook.com/VHPAustraliaQLD
Facebook Bala Samaskara Kendra page: https://www.facebook.com/BSKQUEENSLAND